HFR launches three new HFRX Indices
HFR has expanded its family of HFRX Indices to 76 with the launch of three new indices.
HFRX Emerging Markets Composite Index includes multiple hedge fund strategies with geographic exposure to one or more emerging markets regions and combination of asset classes with emphasis on global macroeconomic, political or specific secular market growth trends.
HFRX Fixed Income - Credit Index includes strategies with exposure to credit across a broad continuum of credit sub-strategies. The investment thesis across all strategies is predicated on realization of a valuation discrepancy between the related credit instruments.
HFRX MLP Index includes master limited partnership strategies which are typically exchange listed partnerships that engage in certain businesses, mostly pertaining to the transportation, extraction and storage of certain commodities and natural resources including, but not limited to, oil, natural gas and coal.
“The Asian hedge fund industry is rapidly developing in sophistication, breadth, depth and global reach with funds implementing dynamic commodity and currency-based strategies across local regions, including mainland China. These innovative Asian hedge funds are likely to provide global performance leadership and attract capital from US, European and emerging markets investors seeking new growth opportunities in coming quarters,” says Kenneth J Heinz, president of HFR.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund