K&L Gates and Australia’s Middletons eye combination
Global law firm K&L Gates and Australian national law firm Middletons are in discussions regarding a possible combination.
If approved, the combination would create a firm of more than 2,000 lawyers in 45 offices throughout Australia, North and South America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
In addition to expanding the combined firm’s global platform to a fifth continent and fortifying its position in the Asia Pacific region, the combination would allow the firm to capitalise on shared practice strengths in areas such as corporate, energy and resources, banking and financial services, labour law and industrial relations, litigation and dispute resolution, intellectual property, infrastructure and projects, real estate, competition and regulatory, technology, biotechnology and life sciences, and capital markets, among others.
“Our leadership teams believe that the client-driven consolidation and globalisation evident in the market for legal services will continue unabated and the potential synergies that would arise from the combination of our firms deserve (and are receiving) serious consideration,” said K&L Gates chairman and global managing partner Peter J. Kalis (pictured) and Middletons national managing partner Nick Nichola.
Discussions between the two firms have been underway for several months with formal proposals expected to be presented to both partnerships later in 2012 if talks proceed to a successful conclusion.
A further announcement will be made upon the resolution of discussions.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund