Montlake Skyline Ucits fund returns 20.5 per cent in first year
The Skyline Ucits Fund has completed a successful first year recording a return of 20.5 per cent, placing the fund at the top of its peer group and in the top one per cent of all alternative Ucits funds.
The emerging markets long/short fund has seen significant inflows, notably in the past quarter, and AuM now stands at USD56m.
Challenging market conditions have led to a contraction in the overall EM L/S Ucits asset class, such that the fund has a 20 per cent+ market share. The team expects further share gains reflecting a shift away from actively managed benchmarked products towards an exposure managed approach to emerging markets investing.
Skyline Capital Management has a differentiated approach to investing in emerging markets.
Geoff Bamber (pictured), chief investment officer, says: “Our funds invest in high quality companies listed in or substantially exposed to emerging markets. Our process of focussing only on companies we can understand with clearly identifiable earnings drivers is a source of excess return. Our simple process of combining bottom-up analysis to generate long and short ideas with a proprietary top-down risk management framework will, we believe, continue to deliver attractive through-cycle returns for our investors.”
The fund is hosted on the MontLake Ucits Platform.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location