Maples and Calder opens Singapore office
Law firm Maples and Calder has opened an office in Singapore.
The office is located in the Singapore Land Tower in Raffles Place and will be managed by funds partner Nick Harrold, who is joined by corporate finance partner James Burch and private equity and corporate lawyer Tom Katsaros.
Both Harrold and Burch will relocate from the firm's Hong Kong office, whilst Katsaros rejoins Maples and Calder, having previously worked in its Cayman Islands office.
The Singapore office will be a full service, full execution office providing Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands advice across the firm's core practice areas, including hedge and mutual funds, private equity, structured and asset finance, corporate law and trusts for high net worth individuals.
"We are delighted to announce this addition to our global presence and proud that Singapore is the second office we have opened in Asia, as part of our Asian growth strategy. Maples and Calder is truly an international law firm and we are keen to explore the opportunities that await us in this new jurisdiction," says global managing partner Henry Smith (pictured). "Our Hong Kong office has experienced substantial growth since opening in 1995. We anticipate a similar success story in Singapore, which is a hub for many international firms and financial institutions."
"This move affirms our long-term commitment to our South East Asia clients," says Harrold. "There are relatively few law firms practising Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law in Singapore and our new office will not only provide clients with greater choice but, through being on the ground in Singapore, will enable us to better service those clients."
Maples and Calder, which specialises in the practise of Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands and Irish law, has had a long-standing presence in Asia. Its Hong Kong office is staffed with 30 lawyers.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location