AIMA forms new global governing council
The Alternative Investment Management Association, the global hedge fund industry association, has formed a new AIMA Council, its board of directors.
The new non-executive chairman was named by AIMA last week as the former US Securities and Exchange Commissioner Kathleen Casey (pictured). She replaces outgoing AIMA non-executive chairman Todd Groome, who had been in the role since 2009.
Casey is joined on the new AIMA Council by Olwyn Alexander, partner, PwC; Mark O’Sullivan, partner, Ernst & Young; Phil Schmitt, president, Summerwood Capital; and Henry Smith, global managing partner, Maples and Calder.
Those continuing their directorships of AIMA are Andrew Baker, chief executive officer, AIMA; Andrew Bastow, general counsel, director of government & regulatory affairs, Winton Capital; James G. Dinan, founder, chairman and chief executive, York Capital Management; Chris Pearce, Asia chief operating officer, Marshall Wace Asia; Paul Sater, partner, Ernst & Young; and Phil Tye, co-founder and managing director, DragonBack Capital.
The retiring slate of directors are Robert De Rito, head of financial risk management, APG Asset Management US; Christopher Fawcett, senior partner, Fauchier Partners; Florence Lombard, chief executive, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association; Sir Paul Ruddock, director and chief executive officer, Lansdowne Partners; and Sean Simon, private investor.
Baker says: “We are delighted to have secured such an outstanding Council, and I would like to thank them all for volunteering their time and expertise to AIMA and the global industry. I would also like to pay tribute to the retiring directors for their contributions and support.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund