Maples and Calder global managing partner appointed to AIMA Council
Maples and Calder’s global managing partner, Henry Smith, has been appointed to the global Council of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) following a membership vote at the association's AGM in London on 20 September.
Smith (pictured) will be one of two representatives for the Americas region on the Council.
Smith has extensive experience in all aspects of offshore transactions, focusing particularly on private equity funds, hedge funds and structured finance transactions. He has advised on the formation of hedge funds and private equity funds in the Cayman Islands for some of the world's largest and most recognised alternative investment fund managers.
"I am honoured to have been elected to represent the Americas region on the AIMA Council," says Smith. "The prevalence of the use of the Cayman Islands and the BVI as a domicile for both hedge funds and private equity funds means that significant numbers of industry participants in the Americas region are currently managing, administering or invested in Cayman Islands or BVI investment funds.
"I think it is extremely important for all these stakeholders in Cayman Islands and BVI based funds that the AIMA board has the benefit of input from an experienced member of the Cayman Islands funds industry. At Maples and Calder, we have spent many years forming alternative investment funds of all descriptions for clients across the Americas region and globally. We also have significant experience dealing with legislative changes, regulators and the industry press in Cayman, BVI and Ireland, as well as in the Americas region and in Europe."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location