EEX to launch German Emission Allowances auctions
The European Energy Exchange (EEX) is to launch the primary market auctions of Emission Allowances for the third trading period on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany on 12 October 2012.
Subject to the formal approval of the auction calendar by the EU Commission, the additional German auctions of the EU Emission Allowances (EUA) will take place on Fridays.
Starting on 12 October, a volume of 2,400,000 EUA will be auctioned on the EEX Spot Market every week on Fridays. The last auction date of the year (14 December) contains a remaining quantity of 1,931,000 EUA.
In addition, EEX will auction EU Aviation Allowances (EUAA) for the second trading period on the Spot Market on two dates (each on Wednesday – 17 October and 14 November 2012). Thus, EEX will be the first exchange to carry out the primary market auctions of Emission Allowances for airlines.
On 27 February 2012, following a Europe-wide tendering procedure, the Federal Environment Agency awarded EEX the contract for the execution of the transitional auction platform, which is used as a temporary platform until the establishment of a permanent platform.
A total of 23,531 million Emission Allowances of the third trading period will be auctioned in 2012 in the context of the so-called “early auctions”. Overall, EEX in its capacity as the German transitional platform will auction up to 85 million Emission Allowances at least until the first quarter of 2013.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund