EXANTE launches hedge fund index
EXANTE has launched the EXANTE Hedge Fund Index, which tracks the best performing hedge funds that are listed on the company’s Automated Trading Platform (ATP).
Currently composed of 20 top performing management companies, the performance of the index originates from a broad spectrum of strategies: these range from multi-arbitrage, high frequency trading, long/short equity and real estate, through to currencies, commodities, fixed income and volatility strategies.
Not only is the EXANTE Hedge Fund Index well diversified in terms of fund strategies, but also in respect to geographical location. Although most are domiciled in offshore jurisdictions, their main offices are based in a range of onshore locations including the US, the UK, Switzerland, Germany and Canada. The Index’s smooth, upward-trending equity curve shows that it is composed of some of the strongest performing and most reliable alternative fund strategies currently available to investors on the market.
Moreover, unlike other benchmark indices available on the market, robust due diligence is performed on every manager before they are considered for inclusion on EXANTE's Hedge Fund Index, ensuring accuracy of performance data and credibility of every statistical parameter used in constructing the Index. Even though the Index is relatively small at present, Gatis Eglitis, managing partner of EXANTE, explains: "It is more important to have reliable and audited data in the Index rather than having an index comprised of hundreds of funds and CTAs without any external due diligence. The EXANTE Hedge Fund Index includes data which is properly audited and therefore reflects precise industry growth."
Over the last two years the EXANTE Hedge Fund Index has been able to yield 36.4%, with its NAV climbing from 100 to 136.4. In July and August 2012 - its first months of official ‘live’ performance - the EXANTE Hedge Fund Index recorded growth of 1.4% and 0.2% respectively. This underscores its level of consistency and as such provides a highly competitive, unrivalled benchmark for the hedge fund industry.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location