Nephila Capital joins Hedge Funds Standards Board as signatory member
Natural catastrophe and weather risk reinsurance specialist Nephila Capital has joined the Hedge Funds Standards Board (HFSB) as a signatory member.
HFSB brings together managers, investors, regulators and consultants from around the world to help determine how the hedge fund industry should operate.
Over 76 hedge fund managers so far have committed to the standards accounting for over USD260bn in assets under management. Sixty major international investors, including pension and endowment funds, sovereign wealth funds and funds of funds, have embraced the HFSB as members of the organisation's Investor Chapter to drive adoption of the standards.
"As part of the application process, we performed an in-depth, gap analysis of the firm's control structure in areas including disclosure, valuation, operational risk, governance, risk management and shareholder conduct," says Steve Glassman, a principal and chief compliance officer with Nephila. "This process was very beneficial to the firm and we expect it to provide an on-going benefit as each member of the HFSB is required to commit and conform to the standards on an annual basis."
The HFSB standards are reviewed regularly in collaboration with managers and investors to ensure that they are effective guidelines, remain relevant, and are consistent with public policy and evolving industry practices.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location