Gottex Brokers expands secondary alternative investments broking business
Gottex Brokers has opened its first office in the US, focusing on brokerage services in the secondary market for alternative investments through its specialised entity Gottex Brokers Alternative USA.
Gottex Brokers Alternative USA (GBA USA), based in Los Angeles, will act as an intermediary between US institutional investors buying and selling secondary interests in hedge funds, private equity funds and real estate funds. It is a subsidiary of Gottex Brokers Alternative domiciled in Lausanne, Switzerland, whose dedicated and experienced team provides tailored broking services to the European and other non-US markets.
The secondary market for alternative investments enables sellers to address liquidity constraints caused by the extension or suspension of redemption periods and lock-ups. It enables holders of illiquid assets to reduce exposure to distressed assets and rebalance their portfolios and offers potential buyers access to limited partnership interests, limited liability company memberships or interests in other organisational forms.
Raphael Moreno, chief executive of Gottex Brokers Group, says: “We are very pleased to be expanding into the US, serving US clients directly on the ground as well as offering our customer base access to this exciting market. Volatility in the secondary markets for alternative investment shares has risen markedly in the past years and we have seen increased demand for investors to rebalance portfolios and to exit illiquid positions.”
GBA USA will be run by Bruno Bardavid, an experienced professional with more than 25 years of experience in financial services. Prior to joining GBA USA Bardavid developed the credit trading markets for Mizuho International and West LB, London.
Gottex Brokers Alternatives USA will manage relationships with hedge funds, funds of funds, family offices, third party asset managers, public entities and sovereign wealth funds, private and investment banks, investment advisors and pension funds. It is regulated by FINRA and the SEC.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund