First German “early auction” generates EUR7.54 per EUA, says EEX
The European Energy Exchange (EEX) has concluded the first primary market auction of EU emission allowances (EUA) for the third trading period on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany.
As planned, a volume of three million EUA was auctioned on the Spot Market at 11:00am. The price in the auction was established at EUR7.54 per EUA. The total amount of bids was 23,016,500 EUA. Thus, participants demanded more than seven times the auction volume.
“Today, we are entering a new stage in our development as a market platform for CO2 emission allowances. We are pleased about the high interest which the trading participants showed in the first German Early Auction in which 15 companies participated. With this number, we have reached a new record,” says Peter Reitz, chief executive officer of EEX.
Starting today, the early auctions of EU emission allowances will be held on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany on every Friday until the end of the year. On 31 October 2012, EEX will carry out auctions of EU aviation allowances (EUAA for 2012) on its Spot Market for the first time.
On 29 October 2012, EEX will also launch spot trading on the secondary market for the EU emission allowances of the third trading phase.
Together, EEX and Eurex offer their participants a platform for trading in CO2 Emission Allowances. In the framework of this cooperation, which was launched in December 2007, Eurex participants can trade the CO2 emission products listed on EEX and take part in auctions through their existing infrastructure and a simplified admission process.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location