Schulte Roth & Zabel adds Brian Daly to regulatory and compliance practice
Brian T Daly has joined Schulte Roth & Zabel as a partner in the firm’s investment management and regulatory and compliance groups.
Resident in the firm's New York office, Daly concentrates on advising hedge and private equity fund managers on regulatory, compliance and operational matters, including registration and disclosure obligations, trading issues, advertising and marketing, and the establishment of compliance programmes.
Daly joins the firm after nearly a decade serving in-house as general counsel and chief compliance officer at several prominent hedge fund firms. He most recently was with Kepos Capital, which he joined in early 2010 as a founding partner.
Previously, he served as the principal legal counsel and compliance officer for Raptor Capital Management and Carlyle-Blue Wave Partners Management, joining both firms at inception. Daly began his in-house career at Millennium Partners, where he became general counsel.
"Having worked with Brian as a client of the firm, we have first-hand experience of his knowledge and expertise," says Marc Elovitz, chair of Schulte Roth & Zabel's regulatory and compliance group. "Brian's legal insight and industry experience will prove invaluable to our clients as regulatory requirements grow in number and complexity."
Daly served as co-chair of the Managed Funds Association's General Counsel Forum and a steering committee member of its Investment Advisory Committee. In addition, Daly is a visiting lecturer at Yale Law School, where he teaches "In-House Lawyering: Ethics and Professional Responsibility."
Daly says: "This is an opportune time to focus on regulatory issues in the private fund industry. I am very excited to join SRZ's regulatory and compliance team and help guide our clients."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location