Magnetar Capital broadens event-driven investment platform
Andrew Beckman has joined Magnetar Capital to lead a new event credit team, working within Magnetar’s global event driven strategies business.
Beckman, who will be based in New York, will report directly to Alec Litowitz, Magnetar chief executive, founder and head of global event driven strategies.
“The addition of this new credit team to Magnetar’s event driven business rounds out our ability to deploy capital across all stages of the corporate lifecycle,” says Litowitz. “Andrew Beckman’s proven track record in this space and his ability to collaborate with teams across platforms make him an ideal leader for our event credit business.”
Beckman joins Magnetar from Goldman Sachs, where he served in the special situations group as co-head of multi-strategy investing. In that capacity, he was responsible for managing a business and portfolio that invested in loans and securities in stressed and distressed corporate structures, as well as other special situations. Before joining Goldman in 2004, Beckman worked for nearly six years at Investcorp International, a private equity firm. He began his financial career as an investment banker at Salomon Smith Barney.
Nicholas Heilbut and Scott Giardina also have joined Magnetar as part of the new team. Heilbut previously served as a senior analyst at Serengeti Asset Management and as a vice president in Goldman Sachs’ special situations group, multi-strategy investing, where he worked closely with Beckman.
Giardina was previously head of US and European trading and a member of the global investment committee at Mount Kellett Capital Management. Prior to Mount Kellett, Giardina was a trader with Silver Point Capital.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location