Liontrust doubles assets under management
Liontrust Asset Management has doubled its assets under management over the past year.
AUM has grown from GBP1.19bn on 30 September 2011 to GBP2.36bn on 30 September 2012 and GBP2.38bn on 12 November 2012 while Liontrust has now recorded nine successive quarters of net positive sales.
Net inflows have tripled over the past year. In the six months to 30 September 2012, Liontrust delivered net inflows of GBP189m compared to GBP59m in the six months to 30 September 2011.
Revenues also increased by 59 per cent in the six months to the end of September 2012 compared to the same period last year.
John Ions, chief executive of Liontrust, says: “Liontrust continued to make good progress in the first six months of our financial year to 30 September 2012. Fund performance and distribution capability are key to this trend continuing. Since the funds were launched or the current fund managers were appointed, all bar one of our nine actively managed unit trust funds have outperformed their benchmark and the average fund performance in their respective sectors. While there has been much focus recently on the cost of fund management, we continue to believe that investors will be prepared to pay for active managers who can deliver outperformance and in our case this has been achieved across our fund management teams.
“Fund management companies face many challenges ahead which I believe will create excellent opportunities for groups with clear focus and strategy. We will continue to recruit high quality fund management talent to enhance and diversify further our current capability when the opportunity arises whilst building on our strong organic momentum.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund