Direct Access Partners appoints Michael Dolan to build alternative research business
Direct Access Partners, a diversified institutional financial services firm, has appointed Michael Dolan to launch a new research initiative as part of its expansion across its multi-asset class execution offering.
The Alternative Research Group (ARG) will focus on acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and exclusive relationships with highly differentiated and value-added research teams across various sectors and verticals.
The goal is to provide institutional investors with actionable information and content from independent sources that add incremental value.
“With the Alternative Research Group we take another step in our strategy of actively pursuing relevant and complementary opportunities across brokerage and asset management business lines,” says Ben Chinea, chief executive and founder of Direct Access Partners. “Mike has profound experience in this specialised field, and we look forward to working with him to build out the platform and deliver its potential.”
The research teams selected by Direct Access will have extensive industry experience coupled with primary research methodologies and offer a unique value proposition to portfolio managers and analysts. The group will target a number of verticals including technology, healthcare, retail, industrials and energy with the goal of expanding coverage to other sectors and industries based on client demand.
For research firms and analyst teams that pass the rigorous vetting process, ARG will provide dedicated outsourced sales, marketing and trading coverage on an exclusive basis.
“The product diversity and entrepreneurial culture of Direct Access really gives us the ability to offer a range of business building solutions to alternative research firms and high quality analysts looking to serve their clients in a more flexible and independent environment,” says Dolan.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund