JP Morgan achieves major milestone in tri-party repo market reforms
JP Morgan has achieved a milestone in US tri-party repo market reform, completely eliminating more than a third of its intraday credit exposure related to the unwind of tri-party repos.
JP Morgan has become the first tri-party agent to offer new collateral optimisation functionality in the US fixed income repo marketplace; this functionality gives dealers new options to adjust their collateral allocation without requiring credit from the clearing bank.
"Once again, we have delivered on our promise to provide clients with innovative tools that achieve market reforms and reduce their operational burden," says Mark Trivedi, managing director at JP Morgan.
New features for clients include the ability to reoptimise collateral in term repos during the settlement window, additional intraday security-for-security substitution tools, and the ability to adjust their collateral mix of new repos after the transaction has settled, up to 6:30 p.m.
"Our new infrastructure that supports reoptimisation forms the foundation for the rolling settlement and simultaneous exchange modules we will introduce next year," says Trivedi.
JP Morgan remains on track to deliver these capabilities during the second half of 2013, achieving the Target End State in keeping with the commitments the firm has made to its clients, the markets and the NY Federal Reserve Bank.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location