Eurex Exchange launches derivatives trading system
Eurex Exchange, the derivatives arm of Deutsche Börse Group, has launched what it believes to be the world’s most advanced trading system.
Participants of Eurex Exchange will benefit from significantly improved performance, more choice and enhanced functionalities.
“We believe this ‘next generation’ system will substantially change the way traders and investors access the world’s most dynamic markets, and it will establish a clear competitive advantage for our participants,” says Jürg Spillmann, member of the Eurex executive board and responsible for IT and operations.
“It has been designed in close partnership with exchange users, and we have built in the flexibility to adapt quickly to their changing needs going forward. As we began the phased migration to the new system, we look forward to delivering all of the benefits of this new technology to our participants firms,” says Wolfgang Eholzer, head of trading system design, Eurex.
The roll-out started with property, inflation and weather derivatives, a total of 24 products. The production launch will be followed by a product migration phase in a stepwise approach, next phase is scheduled for February. Full roll-out is expected to conclude in May 2013.
The following are already providing access/software for the new trading architecture: Actant, Bloomberg, Communytek, Easyscreen, EPAM, Ion Trading, Orc Software, Object Trading, RTS Group, Sol-3, SunGard Front Arena and Stellar Trading.
The new Eurex Exchange system offers greater system flexibility, allowing for reduced time-to-market when introducing new financial products and new functionalities. Its high-performance messaging architecture reduces latency to a minimum, allows fast communication and uses the utmost reliable database systems. In addition, Eurex Exchange participants will benefit from the improved functionality, including enhanced calendar spreads and user-defined strategies as well as from streamlined processing and reporting.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location