New president for Hedge Funds Care
Hedge Funds Care, an international non-profit organisation that raises funds and awareness for programmes to prevent and treat child abuse, has appointed Dean C Backer as president.
Backer takes over from John M Budzyna, who has just completed the second of his two-year terms in the post.
“John has been an incredibly effective and inspirational President since he assumed the responsibility in November 2008 from the founder, Rob Davis,” says Dr Kathryn Conroy, executive director and chief executive of Hedge Funds Care. “In that time, his leadership, creativity and commitment to the cause have helped Hedge Funds Care navigate safely through the international financial meltdown in 2009 and into three years of increasing revenue allowing for increasing amounts of money for organisations to do the work of preventing and treating child abuse.”
Budzyna has been active in the organisation as one of the original founders since 1998 and will remain available for help and guidance to the organisation.
Backer has been a partner at Goldman Sachs since 2002. He is the global head of sales and capital introduction in the global securities services business at Goldman Sachs. He also serves on the GS Pine Street board of directors and is a member of the advisory board for the State University of New York at Albany. In addition to his commitment to Hedge Funds Care, he also serves on the boards of UJA-Federation of New York, and of Comprehensive Development, a non-profit organisation working on education for at-risk youth based in New York City.
“I am a parent. And as a parent I cannot imagine an issue more important to address than the abuse of children. I am honoured to be the president of an organisation that prevents and treats child abuse. It is essential that we continue working to increase the visibility, funding and understanding of the important mission that Hedge Funds Care represents,” says Backer.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location