ICAP takes equity stake in iSwap
Interdealer broker and post trade risk services provider ICAP has taken an equity stake in iSwap, a trading platform for interest rate swaps.
Citigroup has joined as an investing partner and will support the platform with streaming prices, alongside the other shareholding banks Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan.
The potential exists to expand further the number of banks participating in the i-Swap initiative.
As disclosed at ICAP’s half year results announced on 14 November 2012, volumes on the i-Swap platform have improved markedly over the past six months. This trend further accelerated in October as electronic trade volumes returned to levels last seen pre-Euro crisis. Volumes in November were broadly similar to October.
Jason Cohen, head of Euro swaps trading at Citigroup, says: “We are delighted to have invested in iSwap. In the new regulatory environment dealers are looking for greater automation in certain segments of the market, with increased transparency and lower transaction costs which i-Swap provides. The market is seeing increasing volumes of swaps executed electronically and i-Swap is very well placed to be a market leader in this space.”
Michael Spencer (pictured), group chief executive officer of ICAP, says: “We welcome Citigroup’s participation. We look forward to working together with them and our other partners to launch US Dollar interest rate swaps on the platform in the new year.”
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund