SEB’s prime brokerage platform shows 20 per cent growth in 2012
Northern European banking group SEB has seen a 20 per cent increase in mandates on its prime brokerage platform over the last 12 months.
The platform has attracted 70 new hedge fund mandates in 2012, bringing the total number to more than 400.
SEB’s fully segregated custody based model, protecting client assets without re-hypothecation, has proved particularly popular with international clients, which have grown their business with SEB by 30 per cent this year.
SEB also re-launched its FX Prime Brokerage service in 2012, resulting in client trade flow with SEB as prime broker growing around 300 per cent this year. The product provides real-time margining and low touch trade matching, allocation and straight through processing.
Growth for the business was also driven by SEB Prime Solutions which was launched in September 2010 as an umbrella Sicav platform for alternative investment managers' Ucits funds. Prime Solutions offers a range of risk management and administration services as well as the legal structure to facilitate the launch and marketing of these funds.
Peter Herrlin, head of prime brokerage SEB London, says: “Despite challenging market conditions, 2012 was a very successful year for SEB Prime Brokerage, and we are confident that 2013 will show an equally positive development. We are recognised as an intrinsic part of the strong Nordic macro environment, and currently enjoy a stable and strong A+ rating. This allows us to attract new clients and offer them unparalleled access to the Nordic investor community. The fact that today more clients outside the Nordics choose our platform demonstrates that we are able to expand by building on our strong heritage in our home markets.”
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location