Changing role of hedge fund CTOs tops key themes from IVP’s fourth annual Hedge Fund Forum
Indus Valley Partners (IVP), a provider of technology solutions to alternative asset managers, has published a summary of the fourth annual IVP Hedge Fund Forum, which was held in New York City on 29 November and provided senior hedge fund professionals an informal forum to discuss the most pressing issues facing the industry.
Moderated by Gurvinder Singh, CEO of Indus Valley Partners, this year’s topic of discussion was focused on how hedge funds are “doing more with less” in a challenging macro-economic environment.
Collectively representing an AUM of over USD170 billion, the three-person panel of industry leaders consisting of a CIO, COO and CRO, tackled a range of questions encompassing regulatory concerns, investor demands, and the impact of new technology.
Three key themes from the forum:
The current sets of pressures (regulatory, investor, market) are not going away anytime soon. The best prepared funds, with the most robust infrastructure will have a key competitive advantage, not only in terms of meeting industry standards but also in attracting new investor capital and not disrupting their focus on generating alpha.
Centralized data management, facilitated by ‘holistic’ solutions such as a data warehouse is key to building the kind of robust infrastructure needed in today’s environment.
To support both of these claims the role of the CTO/IT is morphing into one of pro-active ‘business-enabler’ rather than the traditional one of passive, post-trade ‘cost centre.’
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location