Six out of seven IndexIQ hedge fund replications indices positive in December
Six of the seven of IndexIQ’s hedge fund replication and alternative beta indices were positive in December 2012.
The IQ Hedge Emerging Markets Beta Index was the top performer at 1.80 per cent, followed by IQ Hedge Market Neutral Beta Index (0.97 per cent), IQ Hedge Fixed Income Arbitrage Beta Index (0.81 per cent), IQ Hedge Event-Driven Beta Index (0.68 per cent), IQ Hedge Composite Beta Index (0.43 per cent) and IQ Hedge Long/Short Beta Index (0.32 per cent).
The only index to finish the month in negative territory was the IQ Hedge Global Macro Beta Index with a return of -2.02 per cent.
Designed as investable benchmarks that replicate the performance characteristics of sophisticated hedge fund strategies, the IQ Hedge benchmark indices were originally introduced on 30 March 2007, and have been calculating live since that date. IQ Hedge is the first family of investable benchmark indices covering hedge fund replication/alternative beta strategies.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
The etfexpress Awards 2013 for the top ETF product and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location