Tax expert Andrew Watters joins Thomas Eggar private client team
Thomas Eggar has expanded its private client team with the appointment of tax adviser Andrew Watters.
Watters (pictured), who joined as a director based in its London office, will focus on growing the firm’s specialist contentious tax services including pre-emptive planning, tax investigations and enquiries and tax litigation.
Previously a director at Berwin Leighton Paisner, Watters also worked as a senior investigator in the special compliance office of the Inland Revenue with a focus on high-profile cases of suspected tax avoidance and evasion. His extensive expertise and experience in both HMRC and private practice enables him to advise corporate groups and individuals on how best to anticipate and resolve enquiries by the HMRC.
Watters will work alongside Ana Wisdell, director and another former tax inspector, to offer both private and corporate clients comprehensive tax risk analysis, management and dispute resolution services.
Richard Jordan, head of the private client team at Thomas Eggar, says: “Given the stated aims and campaigns of HMRC the number of tax disputes is only likely to rise, Andrew’s expertise in contentious tax issues will address this need and complements the expert legal and tax advice of the private client team. Andrew will be the key driver in expanding this area for the firm and we plan to invest further with additional appointments to enhance the tax expertise within the business.”
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location