Hedge fund industry veteran Groome joins Highwater
Todd Groome, former chairman of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), has joined the Highwater Group.
Groome (pictured) has 28 years of experience in international financial markets, working in both public and private sectors and across geographies.
Prior to his four years (2009 – 2012) as AIMA chairman, where he represented the hedge fund industry globally, Groome was an adviser on financial markets to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for over five years, was an investment banker for more than 13 years, and practiced law in Washington DC for five years.
Most recently, he has been a senior adviser to Albourne Partners, and advised a start-up hedge fund during its successful launch in 2011.
While at the IMF, he worked with G7 and G20 financial regulators and policy officials on hedge funds, private equity and related financial market issues.
“I am thrilled that Todd has elected to join us and reinforce the confidence many have in the Highwater approach to corporate governance,” says Gary Linford, founder of Highwater. “We continue to add selectively to our small group of highly experienced individuals, and we are delighted that Highwater continues to attract such high calibre professionals as Todd.”
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location