PAAMCO names three new partners
Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company (PAAMCO), the USD8.5bn fund of hedge funds investment firm, has appointed Jim Meehan, Scott Warner and David Weinberger as partners.
The promotions highlight the firm’s focus on developing its employee-ownership and ongoing succession plan.
PAAMCO is a manager of alternative investment assets for pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other institutions.
Jane Buchan, chief executive officer of PAAMCO, says: “Jim, Scott and David have made a huge contribution to firm’s continuing development and we are delighted to welcome them to our growing partnership. These promotions demonstrate our commitment to being one of the very few firms in our sector that is broadly owned and controlled by its senior professionals. We believe that our partnership structure allows us to align our interests with those of our clients and ensures a sustainable future for PAAMCO.”
Meehan joined PAAMCO in 2008 from PIMCO. As a managing director in PAAMCO’s account management department he leads PAAMCO’s development of institutional client relationships.
Warner joined PAAMCO in 2006 after completing an MBA at the Anderson School of Management at the University of California, Los Angeles. Prior to his graduate studies Warner worked in the investment management division at Goldman Sachs. He is sector specialist for long/short equity and equity market neutral investments.
Weinberger joined PAAMCO in January 2012 after previously leaving his position as senior adviser for UBS Investment Bank. He is responsible for managing the firm’s portfolio management department and is a member of the portfolio construction group. He is assuming leadership of portfolio management from Bill Knight, one of the four original founding partners of PAAMCO, who plans to retire in 2013.
These appointments bring the total number of employee partners at PAAMCO to 16.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund