NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV totalled 7.5 million contracts in December
NYSE Euronext global derivatives average daily volume (ADV) in December 2012 totalled 7.5 million contracts, a decrease of 0.2 per cent compared to December 2011 and a decrease of 8.0 per cent from November 2012 levels.
NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in December 2012 totalled 3.5 million contracts, an increase of 1.5 per cent compared to December 2011, but a decrease of 12.4 per cent from November 2012 levels.
Excluding Bclear, NYSE Liffe's trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives products ADV increased 8.5 per cent compared to December 2011 and increased 1.5 per cent from November 2012.
NYSE Euronext US equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV totalled 3.9 million contracts in December 2012, a decrease of a 1.2 per cent compared to December 2011 levels, and a decrease of by 4.4 per cent from November 2012 levels. NYSE Euronext’s US options exchanges accounted for 27.2 per cent of total US consolidated equity options trading in December 2012, down from 27.7 per cent in December 2011 and down from 28.1 per cent in November 2012.
NYSE Liffe US ADV of approximately 72,600 contracts represented a decrease from 89,600 contracts in December 2011, but an increase from 51,500 contracts in November 2012.
NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV totalled 1.1 million transactions in December 2012, a decrease of 20.2 per cent compared to December 2011 and a decrease of 8.7 per cent compared to November 2012.
NYSE Euronext US cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE-MKT) handled ADV of 1.5 billion shares in December 2012, a decrease of 14.7 per cent compared to December 2011 and a decrease of 3.4 per cent compared to November 2012. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in December 2012 was 31.9 per cent, down from 33.4 per cent in December 2011, but up from 31.7 per cent in November 2012.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location