Headstart fund of funds outpaces benchmarks
The Headstart Fund of Funds advised by Headstart Advisers and chief investment officer Najy Nasser outpaced the leading fund of hedge funds benchmarks for the fourth consecutive year.
The Headstart Fund of Funds returned an estimated 11.21 per cent in 2012 and has returned 54.26 per cent from 1 January 2009 at an annualised rate of 11.45 per cent with a Sharpe Ratio of 1.63.
By comparison a leading fund of hedge funds index, the HFRI Fund of Funds Composite Index, returned 5.25 per cent in 2012 and has returned 16.92 per cent from 1 January 2009 at an annualised rate of 3.99 per cent with a Sharpe Ratio of 0.88. The single manager HFRI Fund Weighted Composite Index returned 6.16 per cent in 2012.
The strong outperformance of the Headstart Fund of Funds highlights the significant gulf between the premier managers and the industry as a whole.
Nasser says: "The Headstart Fund of Funds has continued to produce steady returns, with controlled volatility at a time when interest rates are at record lows during what has been a challenging period for market participants.
"Whilst the health of the global economy and political developments across Europe and the US have dominated headlines and resulted in increased uncertainty in markets over the past year, the portfolio has shown its ability to successfully adapt to the environment.
"We will continue to work hard as we embark on a new year and endeavour to build on the fund's successful 13 year history of producing attractive risk-adjusted returns."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location