BTIG strengthens Chicago presence
BTIG, a financial services firm specialising in institutional trading and related brokerage services, is strengthening its Chicago presence with the hire of three veteran traders – Matt Biety, Matt Krebs and Peter Murphy.
“We’re excited to expand our presence in Chicago,” says Steven Starker, co-founder of BTIG. “These experienced professionals will give the office further momentum by increasing our client base in the region and adding to our product offerings.”
Murphy joins BTIG as a managing director. He is a 13-year veteran of Knight Capital, where he began as a market maker and moved into sales two years later. Before he joined BTIG, he had been the manager of Knight’s Chicago office.
Biety joins BTIG as a director. An 18-year financial industry veteran, Biety most recently was a sales trader and director at Knight Capital. He has also traded cash equities at Jefferies & Co. and he was an equities block trader at First Union Securities (now Wells Fargo). Biety started his career as a futures and options trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
Krebs joins BTIG as a director. He was most recently vice president of institutional sales at Knight Capital, where he has worked since 2005.
Murphy, Biety and Krebs will report to Walter Mis, the head of BTIG’s Chicago office. BTIG’s build out of its Chicago office is part of a strategy to expand its presence on the ground in several key local markets throughout the US. BTIG plans further hires and additional local office expansions throughout the year.
BTIG has nine domestic offices in New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Greenwich, Red Bank and Orinda.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund