Orange Capital urges immediate sale of Strategic Hotels & Resorts
New York-based Orange Capital has issued a letter to the board of directors of Strategic Hotels & Resorts urging for an immediate sale of the company.
Orange Capital is making this letter public after failing to receive an adequate response from Strategic’s board of directors.
Orange Capital is the beneficial owner of 6.25 million shares of Strategic common stock.
Orange Capital believes the sale of Strategic’s properties would likely result in proceeds of USD11-14 per share, a 40-79 per cent premium over the most recent closing price. Orange’s valuation is based upon a property level analysis using capitalisation rates, replacement cost and comparable M&A transactions. It also takes into consideration qualitative variables such as the scarcity value of luxury hotel assets and conditions in the capital markets.
Orange Capital reached this conclusion after a careful evaluation of other possible alternatives, including Strategic continuing on its present course, or a partial sale of the company’s portfolio with proceeds used to retire debt.
Strategic’s hotel portfolio consists of 18 high profile properties, including the Four Seasons in Washington, DC, Silicon Valley and Punta Mita; the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay and Laguna Nigel; the Intercontinental in Chicago and Miami; and the Marriott Essex House in New York, among others.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund