Eurex Exchange lists four new MSCI index derivatives
The international derivatives marketplace Eurex Exchange will start listing new derivatives on global MSCI indices on 11 March.
From this date, futures and options based on the MSCI World, MSCI Europe, MSCI All Countries Asia Pacific ex-Japan and futures on the MSCI Frontier Markets will be available.
Other derivatives on regional and country-specific MSCI emerging markets indices will be launched in July this year. A total of around 30 new index derivatives will be launched in two phases. The two planned product launches will grow the existing offering of equity index derivatives, which currently covers 70 different indices, to around 100.
“We are pleased that Eurex has chosen to expand its product offering to include futures and options on the MSCI World Index and the MSCI Europe Index, two widely used benchmark indices in the investment community,” says Ricardo Manrique, executive director and head of derivatives at MSCI. “We look forward to continuing to work with Eurex as they develop their suite of derivatives based on MSCI indices.”
“In the light of the upcoming regulatory changes, it's very positive for us to have listed, liquid alternatives to OTC swap transactions,” says Eicke Reneerkens, head of derivatives trading at Union Investment.
“During our market consultation, we discovered a high demand for broad MSCI indices among our participants and in particular strong interest in order book trading. They also value the possibility of cross margining with our existing benchmark index derivatives, for example Euro Stoxx 50 derivatives,” says Peter Reitz (pictured), member of the Eurex executive board.
All MSCI index-linked contracts (except the euro-denominated MSCI Europe) are USD-denominated contracts with cash settlement. Maturities of up to 12 months are offered for futures and up to 24 months for options.
Depending on the index, up to eight market makers will provide liquidity in the order book at start of trading. As a further incentive, Eurex Exchange will not charge trading and clearing fees until the end of June.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location