Carlyle reports USD0.49 per common unit in distributable earnings in Q4
The Carlyle Group has reported USD0.49 per common unit in distributable earnings in Q4 2012 and USD1.39 per common unit in distributable earnings since The Carlyle Group IPO in May 2012.
A quarterly distribution of USD0.85 per common unit has been declared, along with aggregate distributions of USD1.12 per common unit for 2012, which represents 80 per cent of post-IPO, after-tax distributable earnings.
Carry fund realisations totalled USD18.7bn in 2012 and with more than USD36bn in carry fund realisations achieved over the past two years.
A total of USD14.0bn in new capital was raised in 2012, including USD4.6bn in Q4 2012, which was more than double the 2011 level.
Some USD7.9bn in carry fund equity was invested in 2012, including USD3.3bn in Q4 2012.
The Carlyle Group also acquired equity interests in NGP Energy Capital Management and Vermillion Asset Management during Q4 2012.
US GAAP net income attributable to The Carlyle Group meanwhile totalled USD12m, which was USD0.25 per common unit on a fully diluted basis, for Q4 2012
David M Rubenstein, co-chief executive officer of Carlyle, says: “We had another excellent year. Our performance over the past two years was marked by steady, continuous progress across our business. Most notably, in 2012 we raised twice as much capital as we did in 2011, with over USD14bn of new capital commitments into our funds. As a strong reflection of our cash earnings, we are announcing an attractive fourth quarter distribution of USD0.85 per unit to our common unitholders."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund