KPMG hires tax managing directors in New York and LA
KPMG has expanded its alternative investment funds (AIF) practice by adding two federal tax managing directors to its Los Angeles and New York offices.
"KPMG is continuing to invest in and expand its Alternative Investments team to serve its private equity, hedge funds and real estate funds clients," says Chuck Walker, national partner in charge, alternative investment funds - tax. "We are thrilled to announce the latest managing directors to join us as we continue to strengthen our team with some of the best talent out there."
Nancy Chan, managing director, federal tax, Los Angeles, has more than 25 years of financial services experience, including an earlier role with KPMG. Chan will help to expand the alternative investment funds practice in the Los Angeles market. Most recently, Chan was with Hellman and Friedman, a private equity firm, where she served as tax director. In that role she was responsible for tax planning and research, as well as participation in tax issues relating to acquisitions, restructuring, and tax audits.
Before that, Chan was a financial services executive director for asset management at Ernst and Young, providing services to hedge funds as well as private equity clients. Prior to that, she was a senior manager in KPMG's federal tax practice.
Nader Karimi, managing director, federal tax, asset management, New York, will focus on expanding relationships with and serving hedge fund and private equity clients in a variety of areas, including the implementation of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Karimi joins KPMG from Goldman Sachs Fund Services, where he was the global head of tax and product development, supporting hedge fund and private equity clients. Previously, he was the assistant vice president and global tax manager at HSBC Security Services. Karimi also served as a project manager and an international tax consultant at Investors Bank and Trust, as well as a senior associate and business planning consultant at Barclays Global Investors in Tokyo and San Francisco.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location