Lyxor Asset Management to launch new UCITS fund
Lyxor Asset Management is launching a new UCITS-compliant fund which aims to replicate Winton Capital Management’s Diversified Program.
This bespoke UCITS-compliant strategy is designed to give access to a direct and genuine exposure to Winton’s management expertise through direct investments in UCITS eligible assets.
Winton is an investment manager with approximately USD26bn in AuM and employs over 275 staff, close to half of whom are directly involved in research. The Winton trading strategy is focused on scientific research into financial markets which is led by its founder, David Harding (pictured), one of the pioneers of systematic trading in Europe.
Harding says: “We are very pleased to work with Lyxor to provide their UCITS investors with our trading strategy. We’ve been working with Lyxor for more than 10 years and its long and solid experience offers investors a secure, controlled, framework available through its platform.”
The fund will be available on Lyxor’s alternative UCITS platform. The strategy is based on the assumption that in the long term, profit can be derived from the futures markets by using statistical research into market activity and as a result, research constitutes the largest area of investment in the company. The fund's investment philosophy is that specific market behaviour and trends can be identified and profitably exploited. In particular, the fund will focus on the analysis of market prices and volumes in order to capture trends through liquid financial instruments including futures and forward currency contracts.
The fund will be available in EUR, USD, GBP as well as other currencies upon investor’s requests. Investors in the fund will also benefit from the weekly liquidity and independent risk management provided by Lyxor.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location