Appleby appoints Bashforth as head of directorship services in Cayman
Appleby has appointed senior funds and finance specialist George Bashforth as head of directorship services for Appleby Trust (Cayman) Ltd.
The appointment is the second senior appointment announced in as many months for the firm’s burgeoning funds and finance practice, which spans both the trust company and the law firm.
It also comes hot on the heels of the firm’s announcement last month that funds and finance partner Ian Gobin had joined the legal team in Cayman from Walkers.
Bashforth, previously a senior vice president at MaplesFS, starts in the new post on 2 April.
Bryan Hunter, Cayman office managing partner, says: “George’s appointment further underpins our growth strategy, and should send a strong signal to the market that we are a serious player in this dynamic market.”
As well as having deep experience in providing director and trustee services to a wide range of investment fund structures, Bashforth also has extensive structured finance experience including CLOs, note programmes and repackagings. Bashforth will serve on a limited number of boards and will be responsible for building this aspect of the firms’ fiduciary business.
Bashforth says: “It’s an exciting time to be joining Appleby. The team here is taking big strides in the market and is becoming a force to be reckoned with. The combined experience of the team in the trust company and the law firm, including Structured Finance Head, Julian Black and Funds partner, Ian Gobin, is significant. Perhaps more importantly, however, our depth of understanding of the CLO market means we are becoming the ‘go-to’ firm for this dynamic area of the structured finance market.”
Prior to joining Appleby, Bashforth worked at Goldman Sachs International in London from 1997 to 2005. He joined Maples Fiduciary Services in 2006 where he was, in his most recent role, a senior vice president in their funds fiduciary team, managing a portfolio of investment fund and structured finance directorships and a team of professionals and support staff.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location