Eurex Clearing supervisory board appoints new executive board members
In its meeting on 21 March 2013, the supervisory board of Eurex Clearing decided on the new composition of its executive board.
Thomas Book, who has been a member since March 2007, was appointed as chief executive officer of Eurex Clearing.
Newly appointed to the executive board were Heike Eckert (44) as chief operating officer, Thomas Laux (39) as chief risk officer and Eric Müller (39) for treasury. Andreas Preuss and Jürg Spillmann will continue as executive board members of Eurex Clearing.
Given Eurex Clearing’s status as a bank-licensed entity and as a reflection of the continued importance of central counterparties for the stability and integrity of the financial markets, the supervisory board determined that the executive board of Eurex Clearing would be further strengthened by the addition of board members who have senior management responsibility for the strategy and day-to-day operations of Eurex Clearing.
Along with the board’s reconstitution, Gary Katz, Michael Peters and Peter Reitz will resign from the executive board of Eurex Clearing but will, together with Andreas Preuss, Thomas Book and Jürg Spillmann, continue their mandates as executive board members of Eurex Frankfurt AG and Eurex Zürich AG, the parent companies of Eurex Clearing.
The effective date for the new Eurex Clearing governance structure will be 1 April 2013.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location