Regulatory Fundamentals Group launches FATCA Watch
The Regulatory Fundamentals Group (RFG), a New York-based firm that provides business and regulatory insights for alternative funds, institutional investors and their advisers, has released FATCA Watch, a customised "issue spotting" tool to help advisers and fund managers quickly determine their exposure to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
Implemented as a way to reduce tax evasion that may occur when income generated in the US is transferred outside the country, FATCA imposes new due diligence, reporting and withholding requirements that will ultimately impact a broad range of companies and individuals both in the US and abroad.
FATCA, which will become effective in 2014, seeks to improve the tax compliance of US persons who hold offshore financial accounts. Advisers and funds may face FATCA compliance issues both on US-sourced income they pay to non-US parties and on US-sourced income they receive.
"RFG can now provide an intuitive, user-friendly way to address concerns about FATCA efficiently and accurately," says Deborah Prutzman (pictured), chief executive and founder of RFG. "Funds and managers who use FATCA Watch can materially reduce expenses on outside advisers. At the same time, they will bring a level of competence and understanding to internal staff who are responsible for addressing the issues and overseeing outside vendors, but who do not have time themselves to become experts in this area."
RFG's FATCA Watch walks an adviser, private equity fund, hedge fund or any controlled business through a customised discussion of relevant issues. FATCA Watch is available to managers and advisers for a limited time at an introductory rate as part of the service's launch.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location