Advent makes additions to senior team in EMEA region
Advent Software, a provider of software and services for the global investment management industry, has made two senior sales appointments.
Jad Fares has been appointed regional sales manager for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and will be based in Advent’s Dubai office, while Jesper Steiness has been appointed as director of business development for EMEA.
The announcement comes as Advent continues to expand its client base in EMEA across a wide range of market segments, including asset management firms, hedge funds, wealth management firms, funds of funds and family offices.
Fares joins Advent from Bloomberg where he served as Middle East and Africa Manager for electronic trading and execution. He has over ten years’ experience working for companies providing high-end solutions to markets in the Middle East and the US as well as an extensive background with sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, global asset managers, hedge funds and investment banks.
Steiness will serve as director of business development for the EMEA region with a focus on the Luxembourg market. Steiness has over 20 years’ experience in the global fund industry in Hong Kong, Singapore and Luxembourg. He has an extensive background in fund administration, custody and asset management and has held a number of independent directorships on fund boards.
“We’re thrilled to have Jad Fares and Jesper Steiness on board as part of the Advent team as we continue to strengthen our position in the region by adding more clients and developing a larger footprint with existing clients,” says Håkan Valberg, senior vice president and general manager, Advent Software EMEA. "They bring an impressive background that will be a valuable asset in supporting Advent’s goals of eliminating boundaries between people, information and systems. Our growth in the region is the result of investments in the local solutions as well as Advent’s service delivery. Our new appointments reinforce our strong commitment to building long-term relationships with our clients throughout Europe and the Middle East.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location