Liquidnet sees strong quarterly performance as block trading increases
Liquidnet, the institutional trading network, has seen strong quarterly performance globally.
In Europe, total principal traded was over USD22.6bn, up 64.7 per cent from Q4’12.
In Asia, overall principal traded exceeded USD5bn for the first time, marking a 20 per cent increase over last quarter.
In the US, average daily volume was up by 25 per cent over last quarter, averaging 44 million shares.
“The strong quarter-over-quarter increases we are seeing are reflective of the overall rise in equities investing and the broadening interest among investors in finding unique investment opportunities around the globe,” says Seth Merrin, founder and chief executive of Liquidnet. “Offering large and diverse sources of institutional liquidity in 41 markets allows our members to get in and out of positions that could be impracticable to do on the exchanges creating many more investment opportunities for them to achieve alpha.”
During Q1’13, Liquidnet executed the largest trade for more than 395 US stocks. On average during the first quarter, when Liquidnet members traded a US stock they represented 37 per cent of the day’s market block volume in that stock during the first quarter. For micro-cap and small-cap stocks that percentage rose to 67 per cent and 57 per cent respectively. In addition, 75 per cent of the time Liquidnet members traded a US stock during the first quarter they executed either the first or second largest print of the day in that stock. For small cap stocks, members executed the first or second largest prints of the day 88 per cent of the time.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location