Carne appoints Jean de Courrèges to Luxembourg team of independent directors
Carne Group, a provider of governance and oversight services to the global funds industry, has appointed Jean de Courrèges as a director within its international team of independent fund directors.
Courrèges brings to Carne more than 30 years in banking and portfolio management in North America, Europe and Asia, including four years as a manager of fund investment operations and strategies with Credit Suisse Asset Management.
Courrèges has worked as trader in forex and fixed income with Banque Indosuez, and while there he developed profitable arbitrage strategies before he became regional treasurer in Singapore. He went on to be treasurer and chief executive with Credit Commercial de France, overseeing its securities and banking businesses in Tokyo and New York.
Courrèges will be available to sit on the boards of both Luxembourg and Cayman Islands funds as an independent director.
John Donohoe, chief executive of Carne, says: “We are very excited to have someone of Jean's calibre at Carne. We appreciate how much investors and investment managers value experience in investment and risk management from independent directors. Jean's track record in trading and managing fund portfolios will allow him to deliver a high level of insight and support to those fund boards he sits on.”
Courrèges also lectures on risk management and hedge funds at the University of Toulouse, and actively contributes to several ALFI working groups on alternative investment funds and their risks.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location