Appleby grows Guernsey funds team
Appleby, a provider of offshore legal, fiduciary and administration services, has made two senior additions to its funds and investment services team in Guernsey.
Appleby’s global head of funds, Ian Gobin (pictured), will transfer from the Cayman office to lead the global funds practice for a period of time from Guernsey. He will be joined by Deborah Poole who will be returning to Appleby in May as a partner in the same team.
Gobin joined Appleby last November having spent 11 years with another offshore firm. An expert in the funds and finance arena, with extensive knowledge of both the Guernsey and Cayman markets, Gobin has significant experience in advising on a range of funds and structured finance deals. Gobin will relocate to Guernsey for a short period from 1 May and continue to service the group’s Cayman clients, along with his European clients.
Poole will join Appleby as a partner in its funds and investment services team in May, having previously worked at Appleby, originally in Bermuda before relocating to the firm’s London office, for six years until 2002. Poole has in excess of 15 years’ experience in the offshore alternative investments industry and has spent nearly 25 years advising on Corporate and M&A deals. She has provided legal advice in a range of jurisdictions, including the Channel Islands, the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and the British Virgin Islands.
Gavin Ferguson, managing partner for Appleby’s Guernsey office, says: “Guernsey is an important market for Appleby. The last year has been a busy transactional year for Guernsey, particularly from a fund and fund management perspective, where we have seen a number of large deals including new entrants to the market. This activity is continuing and it is further evidence of Guernsey being an attractive jurisdiction for international business.
“The arrival of Ian and Deborah demonstrates our further commitment to the Guernsey market and underpins our growth strategy here and for the funds and investment services practice.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location