SYZ & CO takes a majority shareholding in Banca Albertini Syz
The SYZ & CO Group has increased to 64.3% its stake in the holding company that controls Banca Albertini Syz & C SpA, which until now it owned in equal shares with the Albertini Group.
This operation was conducted by taking over the shares of two of Albertini’s Italian shareholders, Giampaolo Gamba and Ernesto Marelli, who are staying on as directors and continuing their present activity within the bank. Alberto Albertini retains the remaining 35.7% of the capital.
Based in Milan and with offices in Rome, Bologna and Reggio Emilia, the Italian private bank Banca Albertini Syz & C SpA was established as a result of the partnership initiated in January 2002 between SYZ & CO and the Milanese group Albertini. With assets under management of CHF 3.3 billion, Banca Albertini Syz & C specialises in high-end private banking for an Italian clientele.
“This increased commitment of the SYZ & CO Group to their Italian shareholding is very positive. It is a token of trust in our country and our business, in an environment that is certainly difficult for Italy, and a recognition of our cooperation, which has been operating successfully for more than 10 years thanks to a reciprocal commitment and trust, and which is characterised by independence and professionalism in private banking and asset management," says Alberto Albertini, managing director of the Bank and also a shareholder of the SYZ & CO Group.
"This operation enables us to speed up integration of the Group’s Swiss and Italian expertise in a market with a great growth potential for highly specialised and professional entities like ours. Our aim is to make the most of the opportunities that arise in an environment of far-reaching changes in Europe," says Alfredo Piacentini, co-founder of SYZ & CO.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location