Armstrong appoints additional investment director
Singapore-based Armstrong Asset Management has appointed Yasushi Ujioka as investment director.
Uijoka has 17 years’ experience as an engineer and investment professional in the water, power generation and energy efficiency sectors across Europe and Asia.
Ujioka will be directly involved in the newly established USD150m Armstrong South East Asia Clean Energy Fund which is set for final close in August 2013. He will have co-responsibility for deal management and origination across the Southeast Asia with a primary focus on Indonesia and will also lead the firm’s investment in the resource efficiency sector.
“As Armstrong’s investment strategy is to provide development capital to small-scale renewable energy and resource efficiency projects that help address the urgent energy needs of emerging markets in Southeast Asia, Yasushi’s engineering and project management experience makes him a valuable addition to the team operational capability and depth,” says Andrew Affleck, managing partner of Armstrong Asset Management. “He brings a good Euro Asian blend of cultural knowledge and is familiar with the multicultural business and investment environment in SE Asia.”
Ujioka has closed investments in Asia totalling USD240m between 2007 and 2011. Most recently, he was the investment director at Swiss-Asia Financial Services, the asset management firm of the China District Energy Fund.
When he was business development director for Asia for the Dalkia Group, the energy division of Veolia Environnement, he spearheaded business development in new markets in North East and South East Asia in the field of energy efficiency, district energy and biomass CHP (Combined Heat and Power). Ujioka previously held a senior management position with Degrémont, the water treatment division of Suez Environnement, at its global headquarters in Paris.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location