SGX derivatives and commodities activity grows
Singapore Exchange (SGX) has reported growth in derivatives and commodities trading in April.
Securities turnover and over-the-counter (OTC) commodities clearing volume fell month-on-month but rose from a year earlier.
Securities turnover totalled SGD30.5m, down three per cent from March but up 30 per cent from a year earlier.
Securities daily average value was down 12 per cent from March at SGD1.4bn, and 18 per cent higher from a year earlier.
Turnover of Singapore dollar-based Mainboard shares totalled SGD27.3m, up two per cent from March and 29 per cent higher from a year earlier.
Bond fund-raising totalled SGD26.5bn, up 53 per cent from a year earlier. The biggest issue was Softbank Corp’s USGD2.485bn seven-year notes.
Total futures and options volume was a record 9.8 million contracts, up two per cent month on month and 55 per cent higher year on year.
Daily average volume was 482,694 contracts, up two per cent month on month and up 50 per cent year on year.
A new one-day high for open interest of 3.3 million contracts was achieved on 25 April.
China A50 futures volume fell 25 per cent month on month to 1.5 m contracts but more than doubled year on year.
Nikkei futures volume was 4.0 m contracts, up 10 per cent month on month and 63 per cent higher year on year.
Nikkei options volume was 938,720 contracts, up 24 per cent month on month. Volume almost quadrupled year on year.
SICOM rubber futures volume grew 10 per cent month on month to 26,991 contracts and was 91 per cent higher year on year.
Volume of OTC commodities cleared fell 14 per cent from March to 37,202 contracts, but more than doubled from a year earlier.
Volume of iron ore swaps cleared slid 12 per cent from March to 32,686 contracts but more than quadrupled from a year earlier.
Volume of new OTC financial derivatives cleared rose 80 per cent from March to SGD7.0bn, but fell 38 per cent from a year earlier.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location