100WHF to honour Dame Amelia Fawcett DBE with 2013 European Industry Leadership Award
Dame Amelia Fawcett DBE is to be awarded 100 Women in Hedge Funds' (100WHF) 2013 European Industry Leadership Award at its London Gala on 23 October 2013.
Each year, the organisation identifies a woman whose professional talent, business ethic, and passion for investing help define and advance the hedge fund industry's standards of excellence.
"We are excited to recognise Dame Amelia Fawcett (pictured) for her dedication to serving the financial services industry. Her experience as chairman of the Hedge Fund Standards Board, her perspective on key operational, investor and regulatory issues and her dedication to advocacy of clear standards for the alternative investment industry have had a positive and resounding impact on the marketplace, for which we are genuinely appreciative," says Kristen Eshak Weldon, chair, 100 Women in Hedge Funds London Ltd and managing director, Blackstone.
Past European Industry Leadership Award recipients include Leda Braga, BlueCrest Capital; Mina Gerowin, previously Paulson Europe; Gay Huey-Evans; Geraldine Sundstrom, Brevan Howard; Galia Velimukhametova, GLG; and Sandra Robertson, Oxford University Endowment Management Limited.
100WHF's board of directors selects a charitable organisation for its philanthropic initiative on a rotating basis from women's and family health, mentoring and education programmes. This year's theme is mentoring and net proceeds from the London Gala will be given to Action on Addiction as part of 100WHF’s three-year partnership with The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location