Liquidnet makes two senior hires to support European growth
Liquidnet, the institutional trading network, has made two senior appointments to its London based EMEA trading team to further strengthen and develop relationships with its community of asset management firms.
These hires come on the heels of Liquidnet’s strong quarterly growth in Europe, with total principal traded up 64.7 per cent from Q4 2012.
Julien Fougere has been appointed head of trading coverage EMEA with responsibility for developing Liquidnet’s buy-side institutional member relationships. He will report directly to Tony Booth, head of sales.
Stuart Thompson joins as an execution trader and will support Liquidnet members’ trading needs via the company’s trading desk and suite of algorithms, reporting directly to Richard Gray, head of trading and the Algo Servicing Group.
“While the allocation to equities by investors remains low by historical measures we believe their risk appetite is steadily improving as is their desire to trade in large blocks with like minded investors. We are seeing the evidence of this in the growth of our European business in 2013,” says Mark Pumfrey (pictured), chief executive of EMEA, Liquidnet. “The appointment of both Julien and Stuart will help us to continue to expand our business and deliver our strategy, which focuses on helping our network of institutional investors achieve better performance by deepening our liquidity pools and opening up new investment opportunities around the world.”
Fougere brings more than 15 years of experience joining Liquidnet most recently from Merrill Lynch where he was managing director of pan-European sales Ttading, looking after execution relationships for a mixture of hedge funds and long-only investment clients.
Thompson was a sales and risk trader for Citadel Execution Services. Prior to that, he held a number of sales and trading roles at Bloomberg Tradebook.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location