Report sets out Britain’s food production challenges over next 20 years
“Feeding the Future”, an agricultural innovation report supported by the Technology Strategy Board, sets outs Britain's future food production challenges up to 2030.
The Feeding the Future concept grew from the need for a coherent high-level research and development (R&D) strategy for UK agriculture and horticulture, that could better leverage the value of public and private sector R&D spending.
It is also the aim to help the food industry meet the challenges set out in the government's foresight report into the future of food and farming, published in January 2011.
Five organisations have joined together to work on the Feeding the Future vision, which is: “To produce a concise, coherent and integrated assessment of farmers' and growers' requirements for R&D, covering the period up to 2030, that brings together priorities for innovation through research, development and where appropriate, training to improve competitiveness and exploit new opportunities.”
David Alvis, Lead Specialist - Sustainable Agriculture & Food Innovation Platform at the Technology Strategy Board, says: "Project managing the creation and delivery of this report has enabled the Sustainable Agriculture & Food Innovation Platform to gain a comprehensive understanding of the current and future R&D needs of UK agriculture and horticulture.
"The eight ‘priority' areas identified, and the ‘key recommendations' that support them, will better inform future decision making with regards to the effective and co-ordinated deployment of resources from all funders of R&D in the sector; from blue-sky science through to near market applied research and development - which, in turn, will drive innovation and sustainable economic growth, whilst helping to secure a sustainable food supply for the future."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location