Butterfield Fulcrum Group to be acquired by Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (MUTB) is to acquire alternative fund administrator Butterfield Fulcrum. Established in 1927, MUTB is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (‘MUFG’), the fifth largest global bank holding company ranked by assets.
“We are delighted and honoured to become part of the MUFG family of financial companies,” says Glenn Henderson, CEO of Butterfield Fulcrum Group. “This acquisition will reinforce our ability to deliver the highest quality fund services to our clients, while significantly increasing our breadth of products and services, our geographic reach and our financial strength."
Butterfield Fulcrum will become the global alternative asset administration platform of MUTB. The senior management team, as well as all management and staff in all Butterfield Fulcrum offices will remain with the company.
“Backed by the strength of MUFG, we expect to add numerous additional client services in the near future, including banking, custody, trust, foreign exchange and securities lending. We will be leveraging MUFG’s global brand and presence along with Butterfield Fulcrum’s industry leading technology and talent to expand into new geographies and client opportunities. Importantly, for existing clients, it is business as usual. Our valued clients will have the same client team, same technology and the same high quality of service they expect and deserve. That is our highest priority,” says Tim Calveley, Deputy CEO of Butterfield Fulcrum.
Financial terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed. The transaction is subject to normal regulatory approvals. Evercore Partners served as exclusive financial advisor on the transaction and Ropes & Gray provided legal counsel.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location