Mirabaud hires a second convertible bond specialist in Paris
Mirabaud Asset Management has appointed Nicolas Cremieux to its Paris-based convertible bonds team.
Cremieux (pictured) was previously senior manager of international convertible bonds for Dexia Asset Management.
Cremieux, who takes up his new position with Mirabaud on 19 August, will begin working in Paris with Renaud Martin, head of convertible bond management for Mirabaud Asset Management.
Cremieux will be the managing analyst on international convertible bonds, supporting Martin in the management of the Mirabaud Convertible Bonds Europe fund and directly participating in the launch of a global convertible bond fund currently being prepared by Mirabaud Asset Management. This new global fund, which currently exists in the form of an internal “incubator” portfolio, is scheduled to be launched as a UCITS fund in autumn 2013.
Cremieux has extensive knowledge of convertible bonds. He worked for Dexia AM as senior manager of the Dexia Bonds Global Convertible Optimum and Dexia Bonds Europe Convertible funds. Having joined Dexia AM in 2000 and held various positions within its management teams, Cremieux possesses specialised skills in fundamental analysis of corporate equities and credit, particularly in the selection of convertible bonds that combine upside potential and a convex profile.
Convertible bonds currently account for more than EUR200m at Mirabaud Asset Management, an activity that was started less than two years ago with the arrival of Martin.
Lionel Aeschlimann, partner and head of asset management at Mirabaud, says: “We are building our expertise in convertible bond management to bring it in line with our growth in this sector. This strong commitment to our investors applies to all our areas of expertise in investment management.”
Martin says: “Nicolas’ knowledge of the American and Asian convertible bond markets will strengthen our area of expertise and will help us further develop our convertible bonds outstanding, an asset category for which we have high ambitions.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location