FRM enters into relationship with CommEq Asset Management
FRM, Man Group’s fund of hedge fund division, has formed a strategic relationship with CommEq Asset Management which involves FRM making a seed allocation to CommEq and helping CommEq launch an institutional asset management business.
CommEq seeks out previously under-explored, unstructured data sources and data streams that it believes have the potential to significantly influence the perception of corporations and hence the pricing of their securities. CommEq has developed a mature, artificial intelligence based prediction engine which aims to generate alpha from these sources through a systematic, scalable investment process.
CommEq was founded by Norwegian technology entrepreneur, Christofer Solheim. Together with Gotz von Groll and Chris Shaw, Solheim has demonstrated experience in analytics and software start-ups. As part of the relationship FRM will provide infrastructure and operational support to CommEq, as well as risk management via its managed accounts platform.
Patric de Gentile Williams (pictured), head of seeding at FRM, says: "Following an investment of more than 150 man years in natural language processing technology and predictive systems, CommEq has developed what we view as an innovative systematic platform which we believe goes well beyond known approaches in the field. We feel this strategy may be attractive for investors looking for highly liquid, systematic, relative value investment strategies."
Solheim says: “Our alpha innovation and extensive research and development have enabled us to generate alpha throughout a wide range of market conditions for over five years. The strategic relationship with FRM will help us both scale our business and accelerate our investment products."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location