WGC appoints Kevin Feldman as managing director – investment worldwide
The World Gold Council, the market development organisation for the gold industry, has appointed Kevin Feldman as managing director – investment worldwide.
He will be responsible for growing the organisation's portfolio of commercial partnerships, and enhancing its market leadership in gold ETFs and other physical gold products across the world.
Based in New York, his responsibilities will also include overseeing US operations.
Feldman (pictured) has over 20 years' experience in senior leadership roles for leading global asset management firms both in the US and internationally. He joins the World Gold Council from BlackRock, where he was head of iShares marketing. Previously, he held positions at Barclays Global Investors, Vanguard and Charles Schwab.
Feldman brings significant experience in the global ETF and US mutual funds markets, as well as marketing, product strategy and general management experience to the World Gold Council.
Feldman says: "I am delighted to be joining the World Gold Council and leading our investment activities around the world at such an important time for gold. I look forward to developing new initiatives to expand access to gold investment through innovative products and partnerships while extending the organisation's leadership in helping investors to understand the benefits of gold to their portfolio strategies."
World Gold Council chief executive Aram Shishmanian says: "Kevin joins us with a clear directive to enhance gold's stature and role within the global financial markets. His experience in developing commercial partnerships and marketing financial products, coupled with his knowledge of the dynamic role that gold plays as a unique asset, will be a major asset to the organisation."
Feldman joined the World Gold Council on 20 May 2013.
Following a review of the World Gold Council's investment sector strategy, Jason Toussaint, managing director – investment now reports to Feldman.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location